NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The markets were mixed today ahead of January jobs report.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 11.05, or 0.09%, to 12,705.41. The S&P 500 was up 1.45, or 0.11%, to 1,325.54. The Nasdaq rose 11.41, or 0.40%, to 2859.68.
Melissa Lee, the moderator of CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show, led off the discussion by focusing on the success of large-cap stocks such as Microsoft (MSFT), which hit another 52-week high.
Brian Kelly said Microsoft has a chance to take an advantage of an imbedded opportunity in enterprise and get Windows 8 on mobile.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV