ROCHESTER, N.Y., Feb. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Home Properties, Inc. (NYSE: HME) today announced the successful completion of its company-wide food drive. Throughout the 2011 holiday season, residents and employees at all Home Properties apartment communities in nine regional areas collected just over 13,000 pounds of non-perishable food and hygiene items, which were donated to local food banks.
"The holiday season is always a particularly demanding time for food banks," said Rosemarie Cook-Manley, Vice President of Marketing for Home Properties. "Working together with our residents, Home Properties was able to help many of our neighbors in need – a true reflection of the food drive's annual theme, ' You CAN Make a Difference.'"
The food drive, held annually since 2009, has experienced a marked increase in donations over the past three years."Our initial efforts in 2009 generated 8,000 pounds of food, which certainly made a difference in each of our region's communities," stated Cook-Manley. "The significant increase this year is a testament to how our management teams work closely with residents to promote such a worthwhile cause. Throughout our company and at each of our apartment communities, there is a very real sense of commitment to helping others." In addition to food and hygiene items, Home Properties made financial contributions to its regions' local food banks based on the amount of food collected. Home Properties is a publicly traded apartment real estate investment trust that owns, operates, develops, acquires and rehabilitates apartment communities primarily in selected Northeast and Mid-Atlantic markets. An S & P 400 Company, Home Properties owns and operates 124 communities containing 41,909 apartment units. For more information, visit Home Properties' website at homeproperties.com. SOURCE Home Properties, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV