Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS), the world’s largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions, today announced the appointment of Mike Edwards to executive vice president, U.S. Retail merchandising. Edwards will report to Demos Parneros, president of U.S. Retail for Staples.
“Mike brings proven leadership, great knowledge and experience to Staples,” said Parneros. “Mike will drive innovative merchandising initiatives across our U.S. stores, enabling us to continue to meet the evolving needs of the millions of small businesses and consumers who rely on Staples as their trusted source for office solutions.”
Edwards previously served as president and Chief Executive Officer of Borders Group, Inc. and had also served as the company’s chief merchant. Prior to Borders, he was president and Chief Executive Officer of Lucy Activewear. Previously, Edwards served senior leadership roles at Jo-Ann Stores and West Marine. Edwards graduated from Drexel University with a bachelor of science in business administration.
About StaplesStaples is the world’s largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. The company provides products, services and expertise in office supplies, copy & print, technology, facilities and breakroom, and furniture. Staples invented the office superstore concept in 1986 and now has annual sales of $25 billion, ranking second in the world in eCommerce sales. With 90,000 associates worldwide, Staples operates in 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, making it easy for businesses of all sizes, and consumers. The company is headquartered outside Boston. More information about Staples (Nasdaq: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com/media.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV