NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- These stocks received upgrades to buy from TheStreet Ratings on Thursday:
- Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL): B- grade from TheStreet Ratings with a $90.97 price target.
- Gen-Probe (GPRO): B- grade from TheStreet Ratings with a $87.79 price target.
- International Shipholding (ISH): B- grade from TheStreet Ratings with a $26.28 price target.
- BRT Realty (BRT): B- grade from TheStreet Ratings and a $7.65 price target.
- Denbury (DNR): B grade from TheStreet Ratings and a $21.78 price target.
- Seagate Technology (STX): B grade from TheStreet Ratings and a $24.96 price target.
Shares of Seagate, the hard-disk drive maker, gapped up at Wednesday's open to $24.08 from $21.09 at Tuesday's close.
The company surpassed analysts' earnings expectations for its fiscal second quarter on Tuesday. Seagate reported earnings of $581 million, or $1.32 a share, which beat analysts' estimates of $1.08.
Brean Murray Carret analysts raised their price target on Seagate on Wednesday to $30 from $26 in part based on strong company guidance from Seagate."We'd be aggressively buying the shares here as we believe this is minimally a $30 stock (trading at just 2.8x our CY12 EPS)," the Brean Murray Carret analysts wrote in a report Wednesday. Seventeen of the 24 analysts who cover Seagate rated it a buy. Six categorized it as a hold and one considered it a sell. CEO Stephen Luczo said in the second-quarter earnings conference call that for the June quarter, the company expects its "supply chain capabilities will continue to improve, which will result in revenues of at least $5 billion and gross margins comparable to those expected for the March quarter. In light of the persistent supply-demand imbalances that we believe will exist throughout the calendar year, combined with greater visibility due to our LTAs, we currently expect a relatively benign pricing environment resulting in revenues of at least $20 billion for calendar year 2012." Seagate's price-to-earnings ratio is 11.55, which is less than the S&P 500's 13.84. The stock reached a 52-week high on Wednesday at $26.15 and is trading close to that level on Thursday. The stock closed at $25.53 on Wednesday. It has risen 55.67% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV