Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE:JWN) today reported a 5.0 percent increase in same-store sales for the four-week period ended January 28, 2012 compared with the four-week period ended January 29, 2011. Preliminary total retail sales of $688 million for January 2012 increased 13.2 percent compared with total retail sales of $607 million for the same period in fiscal 2010.
Fourth quarter same-store sales increased 7.1 percent compared with the same period in fiscal 2010. Preliminary fourth quarter total retail sales of $3.17 billion increased 12.5 percent compared with total retail sales of $2.82 billion for the same period in fiscal 2010.
Fiscal year 2011 same-store sales increased 7.2 percent compared with fiscal year 2010. Preliminary fiscal year 2011 total retail sales of $10.50 billion increased 12.7 percent compared with total retail sales of $9.31 billion for fiscal year 2010.
SALES RECORDINGTo hear Nordstrom’s pre-recorded January sales message, please dial (402) 220-6036 beginning today at 8:40 a.m. EST. This recording will be available for one week.
|JANUARY SALES RESULTS|
(unaudited; $ in millions)
|Total Retail Sales||Same-store Sales|
Number of stores
|Nordstrom Rack and other||108||89|
|Gross square footage||24,745,000||23,838,000|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV