Retailer Saks Incorporated (NYSE: SKS) today announced that owned sales totaled $175.6 million for the four weeks ended January 28, 2012 compared to $163.8 million for the four weeks ended January 29, 2011, a 7.2% increase. Comparable store sales increased 10.5% for the month.
For January, the strongest categories at Saks Fifth Avenue stores included women’s contemporary and “gold range” designer apparel; handbags; and men’s accessories, clothing and contemporary apparel. Saks Direct sales performed well during the month.
For the fourth quarter ended January 28, 2012, owned sales totaled $905.1 million compared to $850.8 million for the prior fourth quarter ended January 29, 2011, a 6.4% increase. Comparable store sales increased 7.7% for the fourth quarter.
For the fiscal year ended January 28, 2012, owned sales totaled $2,955.7 million compared to $2,740.6 million for the prior year fiscal year ended January 29, 2011, a 7.8% increase. Comparable store sales increased 9.5% for the fiscal year.Saks Incorporated operates 46 Saks Fifth Avenue stores, 60 Saks OFF 5TH stores, and saks.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV