By the same token, the very same countries that currently have little opportunity to prime the economic pump are performing the best out of the 2012 gate. One may get excited about the S&P 500 rising more than 5% month-over-month or one may get really enthusiastic about 12% for Asian stalwarts like South Korea (EWY). On the other hand, the harder Poland (EPOL) and Turkey (TUR) and Egypt (EGT) fell, the larger the 20%-plus jump higher (month-over-month).
In sum, several emerging economies cannot rely on government maneuvering as much as others. Those that cannot rely on policy changes are more prone to the ill effects that eurozone debt contagion has on the entire globe. And, by extension, they are larger beneficiaries of debt crisis resolution.
For most folks, the super-sized rewards of the "tapped out" grouping isn't worthy of the risks. In contrast, the majority of wiggle-room contenders reside in Asia. Use stop-limit loss orders for investments is Asian neighbors like South Korea (EWY) and Singapore (EWS).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV