Dillard’s, Inc. (NYSE: DDS) (“Dillard’s” or the “Company”) announced today that merchandise sales (“sales”) for the 27 days ended January 28, 2012 were $363,549,000 compared to sales for the 27 days ended January 29, 2011 of $366,416,000. Total sales declined 1%. Comparable store sales were unchanged for the 27 days ended January 28, 2012. The Company is reporting fiscal January sales inclusive of 27 days ending on January 28, 2012 because January 1 was included in the December fiscal month for comparability purposes.
Sales for the 13 weeks ended January 28, 2012 were $1,951,461,000 compared to sales for the 13 weeks ended January 29, 2011 of $1,914,619,000. Total sales increased 2%. Comparable store sales increased 3% for the 13 weeks ended January 28, 2012.
Sales for the 52 weeks ended January 28, 2012 were $6,199,039,000 compared to sales for the 52 weeks ended January 29, 2011 of $6,020,318,000. Total sales increased 3%. Comparable store sales increased 4% for the 52 weeks ended January 28, 2012.
During the 27 days ended January 28, 2012, sales were consistent with trend in the Eastern region, slightly below trend in the Western region and below trend in the Central region. Sales in shoes and home and furniture were significantly above trend during the 27 days ended January 28, 2012. Sales in men’s apparel and accessories were significantly below trend.Dillard’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest fashion apparel and home furnishing retailers. The Company’s stores operate with one name, Dillard’s, and span 29 states. Dillard’s stores offer a broad selection of merchandise, including products sourced and marketed under Dillard’s exclusive brand names.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV