Harmonic Inc. Stock Upgraded (HLIT)
- HLIT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HLIT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, HLIT has a quick ratio of 2.41, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for HARMONIC INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.80%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, HLIT's net profit margin of 3.00% significantly trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, HARMONIC INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- HLIT's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 30.34%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.