CHICAGO, Feb. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Gatorade announced a multi-year partnership with Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton. Newton, a Heisman trophy recipient, first overall 2011 draft pick and 2012 Pro Bowler, joins Gatorade's roster of the world's most elite athletes who work with Gatorade to educate athletes on the importance of sports nutrition.
"Working with Gatorade fulfills a childhood dream of mine," said Newton. "I have used Gatorade since I started playing football and Gatorade products have been an important part of my training and competition regimen for as long as I can remember. As I look to improve my game, what I put in my body is extremely important. Gatorade provides me the opportunity to work with the world's leading scientists who can help me gain a competitive edge and play at my best.""Gatorade is focused on elevating the importance of proper athletic fueling, so it's important for us to partner with athletes who believe sports nutrition improves performance. Gatorade has been an essential piece of Cam's football equipment since an early age which makes this partnership a natural fit," said Sarah Robb O'Hagan, president of North America and global CMO, Gatorade. "Cam has proven himself as a naturally gifted athlete with a promising NFL career. We look forward to helping him achieve his football goals by providing him with customized testing and research and a fueling plan to help him elevate his game." Newton's Gatorade partnership kicks off by testing with scientists from the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) who will work one-on-one with him to identify ways in which he can improve his on-field performance through proper sports fueling and training. Newton will also be featured in upcoming Gatorade brand campaigns including television, print and digital advertising.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV