Omega Hospitality Trust
Health care real estate investment trust Omega Hospitality Trust (OHI) has developed a proven knack for rising dividend payouts. The dividend has grown at least 10% for six of the last seven years, from 72 sets a share back in 2004 to $1.37 in 2010 and $1.64 in 2011. And despite uncertainties in the broader health care space, Omega is likely to preserve its impressive payout.
"Based on the company's relatively modest level of debt and a payout ratio (based on 2011 estimates) on par with the industry average, we believe that the dividend is very secure," note analysts at Hilliard Lyons.Any time you come across a 7.8% dividend yield that appears to be protected from a possible cut in the payout, you should take note. These kinds of bargains don't tend to last long. To see these stocks in action, visit the are High-Yielding Mid-Caps portfolio.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV