Media firm Meredith (MDP), one of the highest-yielding media stocks, has been steadily boosting its dividend over the last decade and just announced another hike that equates to $1.53 on an annualized basis. That's good for a 5% yield.
To be sure, this magazine publisher and TV network affiliate operator has suffered from the ongoing pressures seen by many media companies. Sales grew just 1% in 2011 to $1.4 billion. Still, EBITDA remains quite healthy at nearly $250 million, which provides solid support for the current dividend.To goose the top line, management is boosting Meredith's media presence on the Internet, as highlighted by a just-announced $175 million purchase of allrecipes.com. That stiff purchase price raised eyebrows, but management insists that the deal will add to EPS by 2013. If the U.S. economy improves in 2012, ad spending should get a real boost, helping Meredith's print, broadcast and web properties to gain better sales traction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV