Media firm Meredith (MDP), one of the highest-yielding media stocks, has been steadily boosting its dividend over the last decade and just announced another hike that equates to $1.53 on an annualized basis. That's good for a 5% yield.
To be sure, this magazine publisher and TV network affiliate operator has suffered from the ongoing pressures seen by many media companies. Sales grew just 1% in 2011 to $1.4 billion. Still, EBITDA remains quite healthy at nearly $250 million, which provides solid support for the current dividend.To goose the top line, management is boosting Meredith's media presence on the Internet, as highlighted by a just-announced $175 million purchase of allrecipes.com. That stiff purchase price raised eyebrows, but management insists that the deal will add to EPS by 2013. If the U.S. economy improves in 2012, ad spending should get a real boost, helping Meredith's print, broadcast and web properties to gain better sales traction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV