- Ron Klein, Macy’s chief stores officer, will retire effective March 31, 2012, after a distinguished retailing career that includes 36 years with the company. He will devote the next two months to a smooth transition of the chief stores officer position.
- Peter Sachse, Macy’s chief marketing officer and chairman of macys.com, will succeed Klein as Macy’s chief stores officer, effective Feb. 13. He will be responsible for the nationwide portfolio of Macy’s stores, as well as the region and district stores organization and visual merchandising. Sachse also will retain responsibility for the company’s omnichannel strategy, which brings together stores, online and mobile capabilities to serve customers whenever and wherever they want to shop. He will remain a member of the company’s executive committee and continue to report to Terry J. Lundgren, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Macy’s, Inc.
- Jeffrey Gennette, Macy’s chief merchandising officer, will assume additional responsibility for overseeing marketing and macys.com. He will closely coordinate those functions within the company’s My Macy’s localization and omnichannel strategies. Gennette will remain a member of the company’s executive committee and continue to report to Lundgren.
- Jeff Kantor, president-merchandising of macys.com, will become chairman of macys.com, effective Feb. 13. Kantor and Kent Anderson, president of macys.com, will continue to oversee Macy's Internet business and play a key role in the omnichannel strategy. Kantor will join the company's executive committee and report to Gennette.
- Martine Reardon, executive vice president for marketing, will succeed Sachse as Macy’s chief marketing officer, effective Feb. 13. In this role, Reardon will be responsible for all marketing, advertising, creative development, social media, cause marketing, brand public relations, tourism marketing, customer insights and data analysis. She will join the company’s executive committee and report to Gennette.
Macy’s, Inc. Announces Executive Management Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.