During the fourth quarter of 2011, utilizing the company’s At-the-Market (ATM) share offering program, the company issued 827,686 common shares at an average price of $57.31 per share for total consideration of approximately $47.4 million. During 2011, the company issued approximately 3.9 million common shares at an average price of $52.23 per share for total consideration of approximately $201.9 million. During the first quarter of 2012, the company issued 201,284 common shares at an average price of $57.87 per share for total consideration of $11.6 million. The company will use the proceeds from these share sales primarily to fund its normal, ongoing investment activity, including development, and for general corporate purposes. The company has approximately 8.97 million common shares available for future issuance under this program. No additional ATM issuances are included in the company’s 2012 guidance.
As of January 31, 2012, the company had cash on hand of approximately $265.2 million, approximately $1.7 billion available on its revolving credit facility and $500 million available on its delayed draw term loan.
2011 Common Share Dividend
For the full year 2011, the company paid a dividend of $1.58 per share which, per the company’s stated policy, is approximately 65% of the company’s Normalized FFO per share for the year and a 7.5% increase over the 2010 dividend.First Quarter 2012 Guidance The company has established a Normalized FFO guidance range of $0.58 to $0.62 per share for the first quarter of 2012. The difference between the company’s fourth quarter 2011 Normalized FFO of $0.65 per share and the midpoint of the first quarter guidance range of $0.60 per share is primarily due to:
- a negative impact of approximately $0.03 per share from lower total property NOI as a result of seasonally higher operating expenses; and
- a negative impact of approximately $0.02 per share due to higher total interest expense due to higher debt balances.
- a positive impact of approximately $0.28 per share from higher same store property NOI;
- a positive impact of approximately $0.04 per share from higher non-same store property NOI including properties in lease-up;
- a positive impact of approximately $0.01 per share, net, from the following factors impacting interest expense: benefits from $0.04 per share of higher capitalized interest due to increased development activity and $0.04 per share from lower secured debt balances in 2012 which are offset by $0.06 per share from increased interest expense due to higher unsecured debt balances in 2012, and by $0.01 per share due to costs from the company’s revolving credit facility expansion and delayed draw term loan; and
- a negative impact of approximately $0.03 per share from a higher share count in 2012 due to the dilutive effect of stock-option exercises, an expected issuance of one million operating partnership units in connection with a planned acquisition and ATM activity to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV