Last year we reviewed Waze, a popular app which lets drivers manually input traffic and accident data while they're on the road. But Waze released an updated version of its app this month that we thought was worth checking out.
The app now has a new feature which allows drivers to speak into the iPhone to report traffic and accidents on the road, providing a safe way to add data to the system. Drivers wave a hand in front of their iPhone which uses the device's native proximity sensor to initiate voice control. The app then asks the driver to report how heavy the traffic is in a specific location, and Waze then puts that alert on the map.Waze, which has raised $67 million in venture funding, has 12 million users.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV