Impax Laboratories (IPXL) is a technology-based, specialty pharmaceutical company applying formulation and development expertise, as well as its drug delivery technology, to the development, manufacture and marketing of bioequivalent pharmaceutical products. This stock is trading up 6.7% at $20.16 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 858,000Average Volume: 534,669 Volume % Change: 137% Shares of IPXL are soaring today after the company announced it obtained the U.S. rights to AstraZeneca PLC's migraine headache drug Zomig. From a technical standpoint, IPXL bounced big right off its 50-day moving average today at $19.41, and it briefly traded above its 200-day moving average of $20.64 on big volume. Market players should now watch for the next big breakout trade to trigger in IPXL once this stock moves above $21.68 to $22.07 with volume. Look for volume that's near or above 534,669 if we that breakout soon. Impax shows up on recent lists of 8 Pharma Stocks to Watch and 5 Bargain Biotech Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV