Mitt Romney Camp: He Cares About Poor People (Update 1)
Updated from 1 p.m. with Romney's comments to reporters on Wednesday
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Despite what Wednesday headlines might suggest, Mitt Romney cares about America's poor people, but he's more worried about America's middle class, his campaign says.
The former Massachusetts governor said in an interview with CNN Tuesday night after his Florida primary victory that he is "not concerned about the very poor," and added that he's not concerned about the very rich either.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV