Union Pacific on Jan. 19 said fourth-quarter revenue increased 16% to $5.1 billion, operating income rose 23% to $1.6 billion and earnings per share jumped 28% to $1.99."We expect UNP to benefit from accelerating core pricing gains in 2012 given the tailwinds from legacy contract repricing, tight transportation capacity, and ongoing above-rail-inflation pricing," Deutsche Bank analysts wrote in a report on Jan. 20. Union Pacific has helped the iShares Dow Jones Transportation Average Index Fund rise about 6% in January. Union Pacific is the top holding of the fund. Shares of Union Pacific hit a 52-week high on Wednesday of $117.40. The stock's 52-week low of $77.73 was set on Oct. 4. Union Pacific gets an A+ grade from TheStreet Ratings with a $134.71 price target. The stock has risen 10.25% year to date.
Comcast The cable company is offering a chance to watch the Super Bowl live on phones for the first time in conjunction with the National Football League and Verizon (VZ), according to The Associated Press. Collins Stewart analysts raised their price target on Comcast to $36 from $32 on Jan. 25. "Should benefit from cable results & $3bn+ repurchase increase," Collins Stewart analysts wrote in a report on Jan. 25. Shares of Comcast hit a 52-week high of $25.98 on Wednesday. The stock's 52-week low of $18.74 was set on Aug. 9. TheStreet Ratings gives Comcast an A+ grade with a $33.21 price target. The stock has increased 8.87% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV