NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- These eight companies hit 52-week highs on Wednesday: Wal-Mart (WMT), Union Pacific (UNP), Comcast (CMCSK), WellCare Health Plans (WCG), Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN), AutoZone (AZO), Arthur J Gallagher (AJG) and IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI).
Each of the stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
"Despite trading in a range over the last 12 years, we believe 2012 could be a break-out year for WMT stock," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a report on Wednesday.The analysts noted that Wal-Mart's U.S. same-store sales are slated to continue improving and that "Walmart is positioning for successful e-commerce globally." Shares of Wal-Mart hit a 52-week high of $62.48 on Wednesday. The stock's 52-week low of $48.31 was set on Aug. 10. TheStreet Ratings gives Wal-Mart an A- grade with a $70.42 price target. The stock has risen 4.32% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV