TULSA, Okla., Feb. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Major League Fishing announced today that its first event, the Challenge Cup, will be offered on a seven-week, Internet-based Pay-Per-View plan beginning February 13, 2012. The web-based broadcasts, called ADVANCE CAST, will be offered only on the Major League Fishing web site, www.majorleaguefishing.com, and will be available for purchase beginning February 1, 2012.
"Bass fishing on steroids, that's what this is," said Major League Fishing angler Skeet Reese. "You're going to want to see these pay-per-view shows."
The league will offer seven broadcasts, with one episode presented each week. Reese, a former Bassmaster Classic champion and Bassmaster Angler-of-the-Year, said he believes the ADVANCE CAST programs will be "absolutely the best bargain I've ever seen in our industry.""During the Challenge Cup, we had some of the most intense competition I've ever experienced. It was, in many ways, the most pressure I've ever felt. And now the public is going to get to an opportunity to get right in the middle of that competition," Reese said. Angler Mike Iaconelli said that viewers will see pro fishing through "a completely different lens" on the ADVANCE CAST presentations. "On these pay-per-view shows, I assure you that Major League Fishing will let you see what it was like when 24 of the greatest anglers in the world tried to find fish with no practice before the event started and very little time to find fish. I believe every angler that competed will tell you we've never been through anything like it. It was gut-wrenching. I can't wait to see the broadcasts," Iaconelli said. The ADVANCE CAST total-event BassPass, a package of seven broadcasts, will cost $17.94, with individual episodes available for $2.99 each. (The seven-event BassPass package features a "free" week.) Major League Commissioner Don Rucks said that each ADVANCE CAST show will offer many attractions, including:
- More than twice the coverage than what will be televised on Outdoor Channel
- Commentary from anglers during competition about how they searched for, found and caught fish
- Unedited anglers' reactions to their own frustrations and successes, as well as reactions to other competitor activity
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV