The Three Year 'Pinch' Is Helping New Car Sales
By Phil LeBeau, CNBC Correspondent
NEW YORK (CNBC) -- Call this another example of the boomerang effect from the auto downturn three years ago now helping out an industry on the rebound.
It's the three-year pinch in used vehicle supply that is creating a lack of options for car buyers.
So buyers who might have bought a 3- or 4-year-old vehicle are instead expected to rotate over to the new car showroom. Essentially, the pinch in the supply of 3-year-old used vehicle is expected to further fuel new car sales.How much? That's hard to say.
More from CNBC
Ford Earnings Disappoint, Causing New Concerns
Where the Dollar Is Headed Now
Consumer Confidence Falls Short of Forecast in January
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV