(Story updated with analyst recommendations on wireless tower shares.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- In today's daily series of investing strategies from Wall Street, analysts focus on the growth potential for mattress companies and fertilizer stocks. 1) Solid Earning Potential for North American Fertilizer Producers
Credit Suisse analysts expect strong earnings for North American fertilizer producers this year because of strong grain price fundamentals, especially in corn, and the nitrogen and phosphate pricing advantages they have in this region.
The analysts like nitrogen and phosphate producers with favorable sales volumes trends driven by strong demand from farmers in North America. However, they do warn of the likelihood of increased price volatilities due to the substantial amount of new supplies coming onto the market over the next year or to two. The researchers add that they like potash fertilizer stocks where volume and price expectations are low and valuations look attractive, and that are able to limit downside pricing risks due to discipline approaches.
Credit Suisse experts maintains outperform views on Potash (POT) and Mosaic (MOS) due to their attractive valuations, expectations for a strong recovery in potash demand, their strong disciplinary approach to limiting downside pricing risks and the companies' ongoing growth potential thanks brownfield land expansions. The Credit Suisse analysts also reiterate their outperform recommendation for Agrium (AGU) on a valuation basis. They say that the supplier's retail model and potash growth potential, which should help reduce earnings volatility in the company's nitrogen and phosphate businesses, is underappreciated by the market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV