The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
By David Gillie
NEW YORK ( ETF Digest) -- For those of you in my generation, the thought of Vietnam brings up visuals of military carnage as seen on the nightly news of the 1960's. But that's history. The Vietnam of today is a tourist destination.
Yet, this small Southeast Asian country is still at war -- with inflation. Nearing 20%, inflation crushed the Vietnamese economy in 2011. The Vietnamese government has recently taken strong and decisive action to curb inflation and return Vietnam to its previous prosperity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV