IRVINE, Calif., Feb. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ChromaDex Corporation (OTCBB: CDXC), an innovative natural products company that provides proprietary, science-based solutions and ingredients to the dietary supplement, food & beverage, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries, announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement with investors in a registered direct offering of 9,533,333 common shares at a price per share of $0.75 for gross proceeds of approximately $7.15 million. The shares are being offered by ChromaDex Corporation pursuant to a shelf registration statement on Form S-3 previously declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
In addition, the company has entered into an agreement with investors including several members of ChromaDex's management for the sale of 4,933,333 restricted shares of common stock at a price per share of $0.75 per share for gross proceeds of approximately $3.7 million.ChromaDex Corporation plans to use the net proceeds from the offerings primarily to fund its recently launched BluScience™ retail consumer line, and for general working capital purposes. Aegis Capital Corp. acted as the sole placement agent for the offerings. The closing of the offering and of the sale of restricted shares of common stock is expected to occur on or about February 2, 2012. Each closing is subject to the satisfaction of various closing conditions, including completion of documentation and satisfaction of state blue sky law requirements with respect to the private offer and sale of restricted shares. This announcement shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy these securities, nor shall there be any offer or sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV