By David Russell, reporter at OptionMonster
OptionMonster's real-time systems detected the purchase of more than 14,000 March 20 calls for 61 cents to 65 cents against open interest of just 2,102 contracts. These calls lock in the price investors must pay for the brokerage stock in the next two months, so if it rallies they could easily double or triple in value.
The investment bank's shares rose 2.47% to $18.65 Tuesday and is up 23% in the last month. The stock gapped higher on Jan. 19 after earnings and revenue beat forecasts, but since then shares have been moving sideways.The call-buying reflects a belief that shares will continue to run higher in the near term and comes amid improving sentiment in the financial sector. In addition, Morgan Stanley is reportedly the lead underwriter of Facebook's initial public offering. Overall option volume in the name was more than twice its daily average, with calls outnumbering by more than 2 to 1. Russell has no positions in MS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV