Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE: MWA) today reported net sales of $311.5 million and a net loss of $11.9 million for the fiscal 2012 first quarter ended December 31, 2011. Summarized consolidated 2012 first quarter results compared to 2011 first quarter results are as follows:
- Net sales for the 2012 first quarter increased 8.3 percent to $311.5 million from $287.6 million for the 2011 first quarter.
- Loss from operations for the 2012 first quarter was $2.9 million compared to a loss for the 2011 first quarter of $4.3 million. The adjusted loss from operations for the 2012 first quarter of $1.6 million also improved from an adjusted loss for the 2011 first quarter of $2.4 million.
- Net loss per share was $0.08 for the first quarter of both 2012 and 2011. The adjusted net loss per share for the 2012 first quarter was $0.07 compared to an adjusted net loss per share for the 2011 first quarter of $0.06.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the 2012 first quarter of $17.8 million was essentially flat with adjusted EBITDA for the first quarter last year.
“We saw signs in the first quarter that the water infrastructure market could be stabilizing,” said Gregory E. Hyland, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Mueller Water Products. “Mueller Co.’s domestic valve and hydrant volume grew slightly in the first quarter on a year-over-year basis. We also experienced strong net sales growth in the first quarter from both Mueller Systems and Echologics, our leak detection business. These businesses are still ramping up, which is negatively impacting Mueller Co.’s adjusted operating income in the short term; however, we remain encouraged by their long-term potential.
“U.S. Pipe’s net sales and volume both increased in the first quarter year-over-year, contributing to their improved operating performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV