Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (the "Company") (NYSE: MPW) announced today that it plans to make a public offering of its common stock. BofA Merrill Lynch, J.P. Morgan, Deutsche Bank Securities, KeyBanc Capital Market and RBC Capital Markets will act as joint-book running managers for the proposed offering. SunTrust Robinson Humphrey will serve as lead manager.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to fund a portion of the consideration for the acquisition of assets from and loans to Ernest Health, Inc. (the “Ernest Acquisition Transactions”), which were also announced today. The offering is not conditioned on the completion of the transactions with Ernest Health, Inc.
The offering of the shares will be made under the Company's effective shelf registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). The Company intends to file a prospectus supplement with the SEC for the common stock offering to which this communication relates. When available, the prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus may be obtained from BofA Merrill Lynch, 4 World Financial Center, New York, NY 10080, Attn: Prospectus Department or by e-mail at email@example.com or from J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, NY 11717 or by visiting the EDGAR database on the SEC's web site at www.sec.gov.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any shares of the Company's common stock, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. The offering may be made only by means of a prospectus and a related prospectus supplement, which have or will be filed with the SEC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV