- Credit Quality: Nonperforming loans (NPLs) increased to $32.0 million, or 4.61% of total loans. Real estate owned (REO) decreased to $20.7 million from $25.6 million at September 30, 2011.
- Capital and Liquidity: The Company remains very well capitalized with total risk-based capital ratio of 13.14% and a tangible common equity ratio of 7.84%. Liquidity remains strong with no outstanding borrowings and increased on-balance sheet liquidity.
- Balance Sheet Review: Branch deposit growth remained strong during the quarter. Branch deposits increased $9.6 million and total deposits increased $5.8 million during the quarter. Average deposits increased $18.4 million during the quarter and $31.6 million from the same quarter as the prior year. Loan balances decreased $2.2 million as loan growth has continued to be challenging. Average loan balances decreased $1.7 million during the quarter.
- Net Interest Margin: The net interest margin during the third fiscal quarter was 4.21%.
- Income Statement: Net loss was $16.6 million, or $0.74 per diluted share, as a result of the increase in the provision for loan losses and the deferred tax asset valuation.
- Deferred Tax Asset Valuation: The Company established a deferred tax asset valuation allowance of $8.7 million. This allowance represents a non-cash accounting entry that may be reversed in future periods if, among other considerations, the Company returns to sustained profitability. Reversals of this allowance would increase the Company’s net income in these future periods.
Riverview Bancorp Reports Third Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.