Big Alternative Energy Short of 2012 Takes One Day to Work
Updated from 3:16 p.m. ET to include company statement, analysis from Morningstar.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - Well, that was fast.
The analyst who was synonymous with the big, and very profitable, solar stock short of 2011 made a new alternative energy short call on Monday, and it's already working.
Yesterday Gordon Johnson of Axiom Capital launched coverage of shares of battery maker Polypore (PPO) -- a play on the electric car market - with a sell rating and a $26 price target, representing 54% downside from its opening price on Jan. 30.
On Tuesday, shares of Polypore fell by 30%.Johnson, who had a longtime and very vocal short in 2011 on First Solar (FSLR),
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV