SAO PAULO, Jan. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The main figures obtained by Bradesco in 2011 are presented below:
1. Adjusted Net Income(1) for the year was R$11.198 billion (a 14.2% increase compared to the R$9.804 billion recorded in the same period last year), corresponding to earnings per share of R$2.93 and Return on Average Shareholders' Equity(2) of 21.3%.
2. Adjusted Net Income was composed of R$7.997 billion from financial activities, representing 71.4% of the total, and R$3.201 billion from insurance, pension plan and savings bond operations, which accounted for 28.6%.
3. On December 31, 2011, Bradesco's market capitalization stood at R$106.971 billion(3).4. Total Assets stood at R$761.533 billion in December 2011, a 19.5% increase over the same period in 2010. Return on Average Assets was 1.6%. 5. The Expanded Loan Portfolio(4) stood at R$345.724 billion in December 2011, up 17.1% from the same period in 2010. Operations with individuals totaled R$108.671 billion (a 10.6% gain), while operations with companies totaled R$237.053 billion (up 20.4%). 6. Total Assets under Management stood at R$1.020 trillion, up 16.9% on December 2010. 7. Shareholders' Equity stood at R$55.582 billion in December 2011, up 15.7% on December 2010. The Capital Adequacy Ratio stood at 15.1% in December 2011, 12.4% of which fell under Tier I Capital. 8. Interest on Shareholders' Equity and Dividends were paid and recorded in provision to shareholders for income in 2011 in the amount of R$3.740 billion, R$1.279 billion of which was paid as monthly and interim dividends and R$2.461 billion was recorded in provision. 9. Financial Margin reached R$39.321 billion, up 19.0% in comparison with 2010. 10. The Delinquency Ratio over 90 days stood at 3.9% on December 31, 2011, a 0.3 p.p. increase over December 31, 2010 (3.6%). 11. The Efficiency Ratio(5) stood at 43.0% in December 2011 (42.7% in December 2010) and the "adjusted-to-risk" ratio stood at 53.0% (52.4% in December 2010). 12. Insurance Written Premiums, Pension Plan Contributions and Savings Bond Income totaled R$37.693 billion in 2011, up by 21.3% over the same period in 2010. Technical reserves stood at R$103.653 billion, up 18.9% on December 2010. 13. Investments in infrastructure, information technology and telecommunications amounted to R$4.328 billion in 2011, a 10.4% increase on the previous year. 14. Taxes and contributions, including social security, paid or recorded in provision, amounted to R$19.159 billion in 2011, R$9.127 billion of which referred to taxes withheld and collected from third parties and R$10.032 billion from Bradesco Organization activities, equivalent to 89.6% of Adjusted Net Income(1). 15. Continuing its strategy for organic growth, Bradesco launched 1,009 branches in the last twelve months, adding more than 9 thousand new employees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV