2012 Super Bowl Commercials: Sneak Preview (Update 1)
CareerBuilder has done a wonderful job over the years delivering some great, irreverent ads, although some weren't as well-received as others. This year, the company goes back to a tried-and-true formula: mischievous chimpanzees, which won the market for CareerBuilder by wearing business suits and terrorizing corporate offices in 2005.
They went missing after 2006, and CareerBuilder enjoyed mixed success. The company introduced viewers to the office jungle in 2007 and the quitting heart in 2008. During the height of the recession in early 2009, CareerBuilder.com tried to lighten the mood by suggesting that unhappy workers punch koala bears to alleviate stress.
With an economic recovery dragging on in 2012, CareerBuilder expects to see more job-search traffic, and getting in front of the eyes of Super Bowl viewers will help it compete against Monster Worldwide (MWW) and TheLadders.com."Barring any major economic upsets, we expect 2012 to bring a better hiring picture than 2011, especially in the second half of the year," Matt Ferguson, CEO of CareerBuilder, said in the company's hiring outlook for 2012. "Many companies have been operating lean and have already pushed productivity limits. We're likely to see gradual improvements in hiring across categories as companies respond to increased market demands." To get viewers' attention, the chimps in suits come back for a second straight year. In the first teaser spot released by CareerBuilder.com, the human protagonist once again is forced to deal with the monkey shenanigans. This time, though, our hero is shipped off on a business trip, where the chimps do their best to sabotage his voyage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV