Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE: LUK) announced today that it intends to call for redemption on March 15, 2012 (the “Redemption Date”) all of the aggregate principal amount outstanding of its 7-1/8% Senior Notes due 2017 (the “Notes”) and all of the aggregate principal amount outstanding of its 8.65% Junior Subordinated Deferrable Interest Debentures due 2027 (the “Debentures”).
The Notes will be redeemed in accordance with the terms of the Indenture dated as of March 6, 2007 between the Company and The Bank of New York, as Trustee. The redemption price for the Notes is 103.563% of the principal amount, plus accrued and unpaid interest (the “Notes Redemption Price”).
The Debentures will be redeemed in accordance with the terms of the First Supplemental Indenture and the Indenture, each dated as of January 21, 1997, between the Company and Chase Manhattan Bank, as Trustee. The redemption price for the Debentures is 102.1395% of the principal amount, plus accrued and unpaid interest (the “Debentures Redemption Price”).
The Notes and the Debentures will no longer be outstanding after the Redemption Date and, other than the right of holders thereof to receive the Notes Redemption Price or the Debentures Redemption Price, all rights with respect to the Notes and the Debentures, as applicable, will cease on the Redemption Date. On and after March 15, 2012, interest on the Notes and the Debentures will cease to accrue. The total cash required to redeem the Notes and the Debentures is approximately $528.3 million, plus accrued and unpaid interest.Bank of New York Mellon, the Trustee for the Notes and the successor Trustee for the Debentures, will be acting as paying agent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV