As several semiconductor companies have said the industry is near a bottom, Intersil may be worth keeping an eye on, as it tends to snap back stronger than its peers, according to Deutsche Bank analyst Ross Seymore.
"We continue to believe ISIL is positioned to deliver relatively superior rev/ EPS growth in 2012 as it begins to monetize organic and acquisition-related investments it has made over the last few years," Seymore wrote in his note. He rates the shares buy with a $14 price target, as he likes the below-average earnings multiple and strong dividend yield.Intersil is set to report earnings on Feb. 1, and analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect it to report earnings of 5 cents per share on $167.8 million in revenue. Intersil shares have returned 8% since the beginning of 2012. Interested in more on Intersil ? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Tech Stocks Investors Don't Know About portfolio on Stockpickr. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV