Celadon Group Inc.’s (NYSE:CGI), Celadon Trucking Services today announced that the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and Carriers Edge named Celadon Canada (CELCAN) one of 2012’s Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For. The award utilizes comprehensive survey results, including driver nominations, interviews, and fleet scoring to identify North American for-hire trucking companies that provide the best workplace experiences for their drivers. This year’s award is even more meaningful, based on a significant increase in carrier nominations and overall competition. "We saw a 35% increase in the number of fleets that not only agreed to participate, but completed all their interviews and paperwork on-time to make it to the final segment of the competition,” said Gary Salisbury, TCA’s 2011-2012 chairman. “But I have to say it’s not easy to become a Best Fleet…it takes serious thinking outside the box and a willingness to do whatever it takes to improve the quality of life for your drivers.”
Nominated fleets were evaluated against a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, such as:
- Total compensation package - including base pay, bonuses, vacation, and sick day allotment
- Health benefits
- Pension plans
- Professional development opportunities (training, coaching programs, etc.)
- Career path/advancement opportunities
- Commitment to employee personal growth, including work/life balance, driver family support, and employee-directed charitable contributions
- Commitment to continuous improvement, including dispute resolution processes and inclusion of driver feedback in policymaking
- Team building and driver community development activities
- Annual driver turnover rate and efforts to improve it
- Fleet safety record
Celadon President and COO, Paul Will, believes he knows the reason the company scores so well with drivers. "We take driver relations very seriously at Celadon,” Will stated. “We realize that our drivers are our most important resource and we manage our business with that in mind. Whether that means providing on-site primary physician care, prescription services and physical rehabilitation as we introduced in 2011 with our new corporate medical center, or constantly striving to offer competitive pay packages that actually give drivers a real choice in their overall compensation packages, we understand the need to be proactive in our approach to hiring and maintaining one of the highest quality driver fleets in North America.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV