NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- These stocks go ex-dividend Thursday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Wednesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Southern (SO), Noble Energy (NBL), IdaCorp (IDA) and Webster Financial (WBS).
Each of these stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
See the complete Dividend Calendar.
SouthernThe electric utility reported fourth-quarter earnings last week of $261 million, or 30 cents a share, an increase from year-earlier profit of $153 million, or 18 cents. year. "Southern Company provided its 2012-2014 capital spending plan during its fourth quarter conference call, and highlighted that it could be forced to spend an additional $4.4 billion from 2012-2014 to meet stricter emissions limits from the EPA," JPMorgan analysts wrote in a Jan. 27 report. "While 2012 would see limited impact from implementation, earnings could see a modest uplift in the out years of 2013 and 2014 as SO ramps up spending to meets the new emissions rules. (SO projects that it could spend $0.4 billion in 2012, $1.2 billion in 2013, and $2.8 billion in 2014). We estimate that SO could see a $0.03, $0.09, and $0.22 of incremental benefit to earnings in 2012, 2013, and 2014 respectively if it proceeds with environmental spending." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 4.2% Rated "A+ (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin increased from the previous year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $53.87. The stock closed at $45.56 on Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV