Through their collaborative arrangement, SimVentures, HealthStream, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSTM), a leading provider of learning and research solutions for the healthcare industry, and Laerdal Medical (“Laerdal”), a global leader in the provision of educational solutions for healthcare providers and educators, today announced the launch of SimManager™, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application that is used for managing simulation-based training. SimManager is being debuted in San Diego, California at the International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare, which is being held January 27 – February 1, 2012. SimManager is immediately available for healthcare organizations.
“Utilization of simulation training among healthcare organizations and educational institutions is rapidly intensifying — and for good reason,” said Tor Morten Osmundsen, Chief Executive Officer of Laerdal Medical. “Simulation is unique in that it allows healthcare institutions to practice critical, lifesaving procedures in a safe, standardized, and repeatable environment. With SimManager, implementing and managing simulation programs is greatly simplified, making this powerful learning methodology easier to adopt.”
The increased focus on patient safety has stimulated a booming interest in healthcare training through simulation. Many simulation-related processes remain labor-intensive, and education managers are often already resource challenged. SimManager simplifies administrative tasks; it is a comprehensive application for managing all aspects of a simulation-based training program. Scheduling training, assigning learning activities, coordinating instructor schedules, tracking progress, delivering reports, and managing the logistics of simulation rooms and equipment are all streamlined through the use of SimManager.
Some of the specific capabilities of SimManager include:
- Ability to manage simulation rooms, equipment, instructors, and technicians
- Can track, manage, and report
- Schedule and assign simulation learning activities
- Manage simulation content
- Integrates simulation scenarios into learning curricula
- Can customize role management to create varying access levels for administrators
- Configure and schedule reports for simulator utilization and activity
- Upload and store simulator debriefing files
- Capture simulation activity on learner transcripts
- Integrates with Laerdal simulators
- Integrates with SimCenter product suite, including SimStore, SimDeveloper, and SimManager