James L. Mandel, CEO of Multiband, commented, "We continue to have a vested interest in the success of WPCS as a friendly shareholder and expect to work closely with them regarding any future items of mutual interest. The engineering and wireless intellectual properties that we acquired in September of 2011 have led to further opportunities to diversify our revenue stream. The main driver behind the initial acquisition was that we believed the cost to develop these capabilities would have far exceeded the $2 million purchase price besides the fact that this provided incremental benefit over and above our existing run rate.
Multiband completed the initial portion of its previously announced letter of intent (LOI) for the acquisition of the WPCS operation centers located in St. Louis, Missouri and Sarasota, Florida effective September 1, 2011. The acquired business was renamed Multiband Engineering and Wireless and is currently performing above recent pre-acquisition levels. The purchase price of this portion of the acquisition was closed for a total of $2.0 million, including $1.25 million in cash and $750,000 of the escrow amount of $1.0 million from the original LOI. The two locations have over 60 employees and Multiband began consolidating revenues from these operations effective September 1. The additional opportunities that have resulted from the acquisition of the engineering and wireless divisions include:
- Established Multiband's renewable energy division for wind and solar design and deployment solutions.
- A Wireless Broadband Internet offing with connection speeds ranging from 40 Megabits per second up to 120 Megabits per second. First beta site completed and is outperforming initial design parameters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV