Avago Technologies (Nasdaq: AVGO), a leading supplier of analog interface components for communications, industrial and consumer applications, today announced a highly efficient front-end module for WiFi access points. The new AFEM-S105 module integrates a power amplifier, directional coupler, and SPDT antenna switch in a small-footprint 3.2 by 3.2 by 0.6 mm package. The power amplifier is optimized for IEEE 802.11 a/n WiFi modulation, helping the module streamline design of mobile and fixed wireless data applications in the 5.15 to 5.85 GHz frequency range.
Avago front-end modules integrate multiple high-performance technologies to reduce PCB board footprint and simplify design. The AFEM-S105 module leverages the company’s proprietary 0.25 µm GaAs enhancement-mode pHEMT process technology to achieve robust RF performance across voltage and temperature levels, as well as low current consumption. The module exhibits flat gain and good match while providing linear power efficiency to meet stringent 802.11a/n mask conditions.
“Designers are under tremendous pressure to integrate WiFi connectivity to bring new products to market first,” said James Wilson, director of marketing for wireless products at Avago. “Our easy-to-use AFEM-S105 front-end module provides a highly-integrated, compact solution that can be quickly designed in to WiFi access points and portable WiFi applications.”
Additional AFEM-S105 Product Features
- All RF ports matched to 50 ohms for simplified design
- High Tx - Rx switch isolation
- Gain of 28 dB
- Stable under all loads or conditions
- Meets FCC 15.205 emission requirements at 15 dBm
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV