Bemis Company, Inc. (NYSE:BMS) today announced it has published a Corporate Responsibility Report highlighting Bemis’ sustainable business practices. The report profiles Bemis’ programs and practices that benefit its business in economically viable, environmentally sound, and responsible ways. It is organized across three categories: Economic Sustainability, Environmental Sustainability, and Social Sustainability.
“As a multinational supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive material, a fundamental component of our strategy is to operate a profitable, ethical company, and be responsible stewards of our environment and communities,” said Henry Theisen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Bemis Company, Inc. “We will continue our commitment to achieving results and delivering on expectations with character and accountability.”
- Demonstrating economic sustainability by increasing Bemis’ annual dividend for the last 28 consecutive years.
- Establishing environmental sustainability metrics and goals.
- Participating in the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2006.
- Advancing employee safety success with 87% of Bemis’ plants achieving safety results better than the industry average Total Recordable Injury Rate.
- Contributing over $3.25 million annually to charitable organizations and programs in communities around the world.
Bemis’ responsible business practices have been recognized. For five consecutive years, Bemis has been included in Forbes’ “America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies” list for consistently demonstrating transparent accounting and sound corporate governance. Bemis has been recognized as one of the 500 greenest companies in the U.S. in Newsweek’s Green Rankings since the list’s inception in 2009. Bemis has also been named one of S&P’s Dividend Aristocrats for each of the past four years.ABOUT BEMIS COMPANY, INC. Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, and healthcare companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported 2011 net sales of $5.3 billion. The Company’s flexible packaging business has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 20,000 individuals worldwide. More information: www.bemis.com.