Goldman Sachs (GS)
Company profile: Goldman Sachs is a global investment banking juggernaut. Its operations include investment banking, institutional client services, lending, and investment management. It has a $54 billion market value.Investor takeaway: Goldman's shares are up 23% this year after losing 45% in 2011. S&P has its shares rated "hold," while its survey of other analysts ratings found seven "buys," five "buy/holds," 15 "holds," and one "weak/hold." Analysts expect it to earn $12.04 per share this year and that will grow by 6% in 2013.
Morgan Stanley (MS) Company profile: Morgan Stanley is a global investment bank with institutional securities, wealth management and asset management segments. Investor takeaway: The company's shares are up 23% this year after losing 44% in 2011. S&P has a $21 price target on its shares, a 14% premium. S&P found 10 "buy" ratings, three "buy/holds," 13 "holds," and two "weak/holds," in a survey of analysts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV