10 Stocks Under $5 Outperforming in 2012
1. Energy Conversion Devices (ENER)
Company Profile: Energy Conversion Devices develops thin-film laminates for use in integrated solar-based energy solutions.Energy Conversion Devices shares have rallied almost 500% this month after a terrible 2011. In November, the company announced it was suspending production as it worked its way through inventory. The stock popped sharply higher this month after the company made an interest payment on its debt after previously deferring on the payment. Share Price: $1.21 (Jan. 27) 2012 Total Return: 499% Analyst Ratings: Four research firms released reports on Energy Conversion Devices in the past six months, with one analyst at Credit Suisse recommending in August that investors hold onto shares. The other three -- Craig-Hallum, Ardour Capital and Simmons & Co. -- recommend that investors sell their shares. TheStreet Ratings also has a "sell" rating on the stock. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 10 Stocks Under $5 Outperforming in 2012 portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV