10 Stocks Under $5 Outperforming in 2012
3. BioDelivery Sciences International (BDSI)
Company Profile: BioDelivery Sciences is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on pain management and oncology supportive care.Shares of BioDelivery surged on Jan. 6 after the company struck a licensing and development deal with Endo Pharmaceuticals (ENDP). Endo said it will pay up to $180 million, plus royalties, to BioDelivery Sciences one of the company's pain treatments. Share Price: $2.08 (Jan. 27) 2012 Total Return: 158% Analyst Ratings: Following the announcement of the deal with Endo, Roth Capital, Ladenburg Thalmann and William Blair each came out reiterating "buy" ratings on the stock. The average of the three research firms' price target is $4.67, more than double where the stock currently trades. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on BioDelivery Sciences.
2. EntreMed (ENMD) Company Profile: EntreMed is a pharmaceutical company that is looking to develop and commercialize drugs for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases. Shares of EntreMed rose last Monday after the company announced it secured $10 million in financing. Later in the week, EntreMed rallied sharply after stakeholder Celgene (CELG) announced it would acquire cancer drug maker Avila Therapeutics, which also develops kinase inhibitors. Share Price: $2.60 (Jan. 27) 2012 Total Return: 173% Analyst Ratings: No Wall Street firm currently has coverage of EntreMed. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on EntreMed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV