10 Stocks Under $5 Outperforming in 2012
Company Profile: BioDelivery Sciences is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on pain management and oncology supportive care.Shares of BioDelivery surged on Jan. 6 after the company struck a licensing and development deal with Endo Pharmaceuticals (ENDP). Endo said it will pay up to $180 million, plus royalties, to BioDelivery Sciences one of the company's pain treatments. Share Price: $2.08 (Jan. 27) 2012 Total Return: 158% Analyst Ratings: Following the announcement of the deal with Endo, Roth Capital, Ladenburg Thalmann and William Blair each came out reiterating "buy" ratings on the stock. The average of the three research firms' price target is $4.67, more than double where the stock currently trades. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on BioDelivery Sciences.
2. EntreMed (ENMD) Company Profile: EntreMed is a pharmaceutical company that is looking to develop and commercialize drugs for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases. Shares of EntreMed rose last Monday after the company announced it secured $10 million in financing. Later in the week, EntreMed rallied sharply after stakeholder Celgene (CELG) announced it would acquire cancer drug maker Avila Therapeutics, which also develops kinase inhibitors. Share Price: $2.60 (Jan. 27) 2012 Total Return: 173% Analyst Ratings: No Wall Street firm currently has coverage of EntreMed. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on EntreMed.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts