10 Stocks Under $5 Outperforming in 2012
7. Enova Systems (ENA)
Company Profile: Enova Systems produces electric, hybrid electric and fuel cell systems.While solar stocks have rallied sharply, that's not the reason Enova Systems has more than doubled in share price this year. Instead, the stock was flat for January until last week, when the company announced it will supply drive systems to China's First Auto Works. Share Price: 38 cents (Jan. 27) 2012 Total Return: 129% Analyst Ratings: No Wall Street research shop currently covers Enova Systems. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on Enova Systems.
6. IFM Investments Limited (CTC) Company Profile: IFM Investments is a China-based real estate company with franchise agreements to sell property under the Century 21 brand. IFM Investments has had a rough road since the company went public in early 2010 and traded for roughly $7. The stock traded around 30 cents for most of January before taking off on Jan. 25. There's nothing to explain this sharp rally higher, as the company's last official news release came on Jan. 9 when it said a shareholder petition to wind up the company has no basis and that the company will "vigorously contest" the petition. Share Price: 69 cents (Jan. 27) 2012 Total Return: 130% Analyst Ratings: Five research shops have come out with reports on IFM in the past six months, with three recommending the stock as a "hold" or "neutral," including Goldman Sachs. Meanwhile, Oppenheimer has an "outperform" rating on the stock, while EVA Dimensions says investors should sell shares. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on IFM Investments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV