9. China Armco Metals (CNAM)
Company Profile: China Armco Metals is involved in the sale and distribution of recycled scrap metals and metal and nonferrous metal ores to China's steel production industry.The penny stock has more than doubled this month after the company disclosed on Jan. 5 that it had new contracts valued at more than $5.6 million. At the time, China Armco's Chairman and CEO said the company is "cautiously optimistic about the strengthening of our businesses as China's economic conditions improve and its monetary policies are relaxed." Share Price: 61 cents (Jan. 27) 2012 Total Return: 116% Analyst Ratings: There are currently no Wall Street analysts following China Armco Metals. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on China Armco Metals currently.
8. Westinghouse Solar (WEST) Company Profile: Westinghouse Solar manufactures, distributes and markets solar power systems for generating renewable electricity. As mentioned above, solar stocks have been on a tear early into 2012. The biggest bump for Westinghouse shares came on Jan. 4 after the company announced an investment from CBD Energy, an Australian renewable energy company. CBD Energy invested $1 million to buy common stock at 60 cents a share, above the previous day's share price of only 37 cents. Share Price: 70 cents (Jan. 27) 2012 Total Return: 118% Analyst Ratings: The most recent analyst report on Westinghouse came in November, when Cantor Fitzgerald said it was maintaining its "hold" rating on the stock with a $1.25 price target. No other research shop has rated the stock in the past six months. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on Westinghouse Solar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV