VICTOR, N.Y., Jan. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Constellation Brands, Inc., the world's leading premium wine company, presented a check today for approximately $163,000 to the Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research (Rally) as part of its national "Corks Against Cancer" campaign. Constellation donated $1 for every bottle of Blackstone wine that was sold from September- December 2011 to Rally, a non-profit organization which raises awareness and funds for childhood cancer research.
"For the last four years, a grassroots partnership developed between Rally and Constellation Brands," said Rob Sands, president and chief executive officer, (CEO) Constellation Brands, Inc. "As a result of this national fundraising campaign, we are very pleased to donate to Rally to help in the fight against childhood cancer, which is the number one disease killer of children in America from birth through age 15."
Rally will use the funds in the hope of developing better cancer treatments with fewer long-term side effects and ultimately cures. Since its inception in 2005, Rally has awarded more than $2.2 million in research grants supporting 50 childhood cancer projects in hospitals across the country."Childhood cancer is vastly different than adult cancer and requires substantially different research," said Dean Crowe, founder and CEO of Rally. "Thanks to companies like Constellation Brands, we are able to provide significant dollars to local hospitals across the country to fund key research to find better treatments and cures for childhood cancers." "I want to thank Constellation's employees who volunteered their time at the wine tasting events and partnering restaurants and liquor stores around the country," said Sands. "The dedication of our employees to give of their time further demonstrates Constellation's collective commitment to social causes and giving back to local communities."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV