My first earnings short-squeeze trade candidate is communications equipment player Ubiquiti Networks (UBNT), which is set to release its numbers on Tuesday after the market close. This company designs, manufactures and sells broadband wireless solutions worldwide. Wall Street analysts, on average, expect Ubiquiti Networks to report revenue of $84.60 million on earnings of 25 cents per share.
If you're looking for a stock that's printing new highs as we approach their earnings report, then take a look at shares of UBNT. This stock came public back in October of last year, and since then it's traded within a range between $17.33 and $23.04 a share. Just today, UNBT has started to break out above $23.04 and print all-time highs on solid volume.The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Ubiquiti Networks is extremely high at 24%. That means that out of the 7.48 million shares in the tradable float, 3.02 million shares are sold short by the bears. The short-sellers have also been increasing their bets from the last reporting period by 48.6%, or by about 988,000 shares. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy This Week If you're bullish on UBNT, I would look to play this stock from the long side after its earnings report if the stock can hold above $22.81 to $23.04 a share. If this stock does not come back below those breakout levels, then it should continue to ramp higher since it's so heavily shorted. You could be a buyer of UBNT after its report once the stock takes out its daily high, or you could buy off any weakness as long as $22.81 to $23.04 hold firm. I would consider a strong up move on volume that's above 205,798 to be bullish.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV