An Open Letter to Warren Buffett
And consider the implications for world peace and prosperity that your friend Bill Gates loves so much. If we use our natural gas, we will lower the overall energy costs for the whole world. The air in our country will be much cleaner, and maybe even Europe will show some growth. China, Brazil and India will have lower inflation and will be able to lower interest rates to grow their economies.
In addition to the benefits of cleaner air, more jobs and a much lower trade deficit, our country will become much more secure if our railroads and big trucks were insulated from oil embargos, supply blockages caused by civil wars or the closure of key canals and or navigable waterways. We could probably also begin to change our foreign and military policies because our enemies would have a lot less oil money to spend on acts of aggression against us.
T. Boone Pickens has been trying so hard to get Congress to listen, but you know how dysfunctional and horrible that governing body is. If you were to say, "Burlington is going natural gas," it would move this thing off the dime it has been on for three years now. This could be your finest hour, Warren, because everyone listens to you and believes in you -- you have proved over the years that you know what you're doing.
Thanks, Warren.Matt P.S. I am sorry I missed having lunch with you, but I had to drop out of the bidding last time because the price got too high. But if you ever get down to South Florida, I would love to take you to Joe's Stone Crab for a bite.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV