The First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:FBMS), holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, ( www.thefirstbank.com) today reported earnings for the quarter and the year ended December 31, 2011. The First Bancshares, Inc. also announced a quarterly dividend of $0.0375 per common share. The record date will be February 13, 2012 with a payable date of February 28, 2012.
Net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended December 31, 2011 amounted to $869,000, or $.28 per diluted share, compared to $654,000 or $.22 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2010, an increase of $215,000 or 32.9%.
Net income available to common shareholders for the year ended December 31, 2011, amounted to $2,529,000, a 13.3% increase from the $2,233,000 reported for the year ended December 31, 2010.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, President & Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are very proud of all we achieved in 2011. Our Company significantly improved earnings while taking a major step in growing our market share and franchise in south Mississippi and Louisiana. Our directors and staff continue to focus on sound, safe profitable growth resulting in increased value for our shareholders.”The following are key highlights for the last twelve months ended December 31, 2011:
- Completed acquisition of eight (8) branches from Whitney National Bank and Hancock Bank of Louisiana on September 16, 2011
- Acquired branches consisted of $46.1 million in loans, $7.5 million in personal and real property and $179.2 million in deposits
- Total assets increased to $681.4 million ranking The First the 12 th largest bank headquartered in Ms
- Loans, net of unearned increased $55.4 million or 16.6% to $387.9 million for the year ended December 31, 2011
- Deposits increased $176.9 million or 44.6% to $573.4 million for the year ended December 31, 2011
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV