Rating Change #4
Shaw Communications Inc (SJR - Get Report) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 1053.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $16.64 million to $192.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 20.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 41.40% is the gross profit margin for SHAW COMMUNICATIONS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.70% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 397.68% to $308.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SHAW COMMUNICATIONS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 14.06%.
Shaw Communications Inc., a diversified communications company, provides broadband cable television, Internet, digital phone, telecommunications, and satellite direct-to-home (DTH) services primarily in Canada and the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.5, above the average media industry P/E ratio of 13.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shaw has a market cap of $8.21 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are down 0.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.You can view the full Shaw Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts