Rating Change #5
VeriSign Inc (VRSN) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite the fact that VRSN's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.07 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- VERISIGN INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VERISIGN INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.84 versus $0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.86 versus $0.84).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 232.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$40.51 million to $53.81 million.
- VRSN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 25.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 165.82% to $124.21 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VERISIGN INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.56%.
VeriSign, Inc. provides Internet infrastructure services to various networks worldwide. The company provides domain name registry services and infrastructure assurance services. The company has a P/E ratio of 95.8, below the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 101.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. VeriSign has a market cap of $5.81 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 0.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.You can view the full VeriSign Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV